First it started as a sundress. I started it back in July and didn't measure Annabelle but used another one of her dresses as a guide.
It was way too small!
She was pretty dissapointed because she loved the fabric.
I bought the shirt at Kohl's and new exactly what I was going to do with it.
Here I am pinning the skirt portion to the shirt portion.
But Wait...This is the wrong way to do it!
But I didn't realize it until it was too late!
Yep, I sewed it on wrong! You know what that means!
Ripping this seam is what took the most time!
I almost gave it up! All those little stitches. UGH!!
(sidenote: I made another dress for Annabelle and I did the same thing...sewed the fabric on wrong. You think I would have learned.)
I then redid the whole thing and I was finally happy with the results.
Look at that face! I think she is too!
I'll post about the second dress another time. She hasn't worn it yet but she was thrilled when I showed it to her. But I did totally mess up the second dress in the exact same way as the first!